Frowny Franny and Pre-game


I’ve been pretty down in the dumps for the past few days. I’m not really very happy with my living situation and I don’t see anyway that it could get better and where me speaking up would not make me even more disliked. I have eleven more months on my lease, and will of course do what I can to stick it out, but right now I’m living in an environment which is not good or healthy for me right now and it greatly disheartens me that there is nothing to be done about it all.

Workout this morning was elliptical intervals. I didn’t really want to leave my room at first, but once I was in the gym and moving I felt a lot more motivated. I’m not really sure how far I went, since the readout had turned off before I had the change to record it, but I know it was somewhere between 3 and 4 miles.

Time Level
0-5 2
5-6 5
6-7 10
7-9 5
9-11 10
11-12 5
12-13 11
13-15 5
15-17 10
17-18 5
18-19 11
19-21 5
21-23 10
23-25 5
25-26 11
26-27 5
27-29 10
29-31 4
31-35 5
35-40 2
40-45 Cool-Down

Breakfast was old-fashioned oats made in Vanilla Caramel tea, mixed with chia seeds, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal, and topped with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams, strawberry preserves, and almonds (finally almost out!). There also may or may not have been a square of Lindt’s Sea Salt Dark Chocolate aka my newest obsession. Seriously, if you have never had sea salt chocolate, you are missing out. I’m pretty sure that no chocolate I have ever eaten has tasted as good as this one does. Yum!


After breakfast, I continued where I left off making a study guide for my Human Nutrition midterm last night. Lunch was a spinach salad with artichoke hommus/Italian dressing, an applesauce cup, and a Chocolate Chip Clif Z-Bar (love!). Then it was off to Food Safety for a beginning lecture on E. coli. Real fun stuff, as always. After the commute, it was right back to making my study guide and waiting for people to get back to me about making plans for the evening.

Dinner was leftover Bombay Potatoes, brown rice, and cauliflower (still quite spicy!). Have I mentioned that there was once a phase in my life where I basically would only eat things that were either white or brown? Not exactly the healthiest way to life your life, but I was young and didn’t know any better. But I’m much better now, I swear! It just doesn’t always look like it, but green does make an appearance a lot more in my day-to-day life than it did even a year or two ago.



Since I have my race tomorrow, today was a rest day. And rest I did. I slept in an extra two hours and was incredibly grateful that I did not have to hit the gym, because I wasn’t feeling the greatest. What I was was HUNGRY. Game day oatmeal consisted of the following: old-fashioned oats made in Vanilla Caramel tea, mixed with chia seeds, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal, and topped with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. DCD, strawberry preserves, and the last of my almonds.


I also snacked on a container of vanilla Greek yogurt mid-morning before the football game started. We played Northern Colorado, but Coach was not allowed to work the game because of the recent heart attack. I’m sure he’s just bursting at the seams to get back on to the field and coaching, but I’m sure we all prefer that he rest and recover so that we can have him around a lot longer as our beloved football Coach. But, no worries, we won by a landslide and Coach will most likely be back on the field, or at least in the stadium, for the next game.

Dinner was Annie’s Bunny Pasta with Yummy Cheese (bought on sale for just $1, can you believe this steal?!) with broccoli and cauliflower (lots of carbs for my race tomorrow morning!) while watching Stick It (I’m an ex-gymnast, or at least I tried being a gymnast). But, that ended pretty early in the evening, so random episodes of Family Guy then ensued. So inappropriate; so funny.


Wish me lunch on my race tomorrow! I’ve set a goal of 26:00, but I truly think that I’ll be happy just finishing my first race in five years.


2 thoughts on “Frowny Franny and Pre-game

  1. >I wish you the best of luck on your race though I'm sure you'll do just fine without it!I'm sorry to hear about your living conditions and I'm not too familiar with leases, but I'm assuming you're basically stuck in a contract with others and you can't break it / things aren't going well amongst all of you? I don't know the whole story, so it's easy for me to just toss advice your way, but I'd really recommend trying to work it out and getting the issues taken care of promptly so that your physical and emotional health doesn't suffer when it shouldn't have to.

  2. >I am essentially stuck, unless I can find another place to live, find someone to sign over my lease to, and then pay a few hundred dollars to switch my lease over to their name. Not to mention cancel the accounts I have set up in my name for the place and having to set up new ones and actually move all of my things. Most of the time it's not so bad, mostly just at night when people want to drink and party and be really loud and I'm exhausted from 16-17 hour days and trying to go to sleep. I had this problem last year and it resulted in me getting a terrible case of mono, as well as several other illness that had me in and out of hospitals and the doctor's office all year.I would rather be healthy than be the person that others want me to be and go out and drink every night of the week and weekend.

Comments are closed.